Perhaps I’m not a regular mom. Actually, I consider myself a COOL mom and today I want to share some gift ideas that could inspire you for this Mother’s Day.
Before I go through my list, I want to say that my favorite Mother’s Day moments have been when my children wake me up with a homemade breakfast, flowers, and a handmade card. That’s truly irreplaceable. They make me feel so special with their love gestures and handcrafted cards.
As my children have grown so has the guide changed. That said, the list below is grouped into five categories. From these (and my own life experiences) I hope you can get some inspiration!
1. Spa Time
Those who know me would tell you that I love everything about spas, including massages, facial and body treatments. Personally, I believe this is the “me time” that every mom absolutely needs and deserves. From those I know, the ones below are my favorite spas. And believe me, I wouldn’t recommend a place that I didn’t enjoy. So go ahead and pamper your mom!
- The Clinica. A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to visit this calm and beautiful place for a facial spa. A week later I came back for another treatment. From my own experience, I can say the skin specialists are amazing, they are very specific about the details involved in the treatment and how these ultimately benefit your skin. The Clinica is a peaceful and pleasant place, is absolutely amazing, strongly recommended. Each treatment is formulated with innovative ingredients and effective compounds. I checked their website and there’s a promotion for Mother’s Day – “Buy one facial, get the second one free” – you can read my previous post about my experience in The Clinica.
- Rosewater Spa. A place of serenity dedicated to offering massages, facial spas, manicure, pedicure, and sauna. It’s listed as one of Canada’s Top 25 Spas. This is where my hubby and I go for our massage therapy. Their therapists are true pros who make sure you walk out of their place feeling renewed. They would also give us some tips on exercises we can do at home to improve our back health.
- Pure + Simple. My last experience with a facial spa took place here and was pretty good. The staff was pleasant. The place is very clean and beautiful. Pure + Simple has various locations in Toronto and Mississauga.
2. Flower, plants & handmade cards
- Fleur de Reine. Nothing more appealing than long-lasting flowers for mom. Their ‘Eternal Bloom’ Roses last up to a year.
- Teleflora. Canada-wide flower delivery, all bouquets are professionally arranged by a florist and hand-delivered to your door.
- Bloomex. Online store offering fresh-cut flowers & gourmet gift baskets. If you’re looking for high-quality at affordable prices this might be the place to go. Plus, if you’re in Toronto, they offer same-day delivery.
While I haven’t had any experience buying from these stores, I spent some time doing some research and these are definitely the most popular for Mother’s Day. If you’re looking for more options, I would suggest you find a seasonal plant or fresh-cut bunch of flowers from your nearest florist or supermarket (e.g. Sobeys, Fortinos, Longos, etc.).
From my personal gallery, here are some of my favorite moments when I’ve gotten handmade cards and flowerpots.
3. Brunch or Dinner
- The Keg Steakhouse. Can’t go wrong with this one. Great food, awesome atmosphere, and outstanding service. Their menu offers plenty of options for everyone thus making it a great option for Mother’s Day lunch or dinner.
- Cibo Wine Bar. A truly authentic Italian wine bar and a perfect spot for Mother’s Day Brunch. They have locations in midtown Toronto and Yorkville. Just make sure you book a table before it’s too late and treat your mom to her favourite meal.
- Baro Restaurant. Located in the King West area, this restaurant offers traditional Latin cuisine, yet completely reimagined. Nice atmosphere too. They will be offering mothers a complimentary glass of prosecco to celebrate their day of honor. For more details check out their website – barotoronto.com
4. Some special gifts such as makeup sets
A must-have for any mom. Clinique, L’Oreal, and Nude by Nature, these are some of the makeup brands I’ve been wearing during my life. This season they are offering special sets for Mother’s Day, either online or in-store. Recently, I took advantage of some cool deals myself. For example, for purchases over $55 Clinique is offering a free tote bag. There are also limited-edition products from L’Oreal and Nude by Nature in light of Mother’s Day, many of them including giveaways through their Instagram accounts.
I love accessories and these days hair clips are a trend, I’ve seen both young and older moms wearing those. Also, consider a tote bag – they never go out of style – a pair of sunglasses – always needed- or a special necklace or charms – what a cute gift. All these will come in handy as we honor our moms in their special day!